Three was the last major UK network to start rolling out 5G, but it recently leapfrogged rivals with 5G now offered in 154 towns and cities in total, and among those places to get it recently there are six that it’s the first to bring 5G to.
Specifically, Barnsley, Blackburn, Newport, Southport, Telford, and Worcester all had Three 5G before they had 5G on any other network – and at the time of writing you can still only get 5G from Three in these places to the best of our knowledge.
Of course, as with all places that advertise 5G coverage, it’s not currently comprehensive.
- In Barnsley for example you’ll find Three 5G in parts of Athersley North, New Lodge, and the edge of Old Town according to Three’s coverage checker.
- As for Blackburn, there Three advertises 5G in a much larger area, including Ewood, Corporation Park, Mill Hill, Witton Country Park, Cherry Tree, parts of Hollins Bank, and more.
- For Newport meanwhile you should find Three 5G in Gaer, Coedkernew, and parts of Maes-Glas and Level of Mendalgief.
- In Southport? Three 5G is only offered in parts of Birkdale at the time of writing,
- While in Telford you should find it in Hollinswood.
- Finally, in Worcester Three claims to offer 5G in Arboretum and parts of the city centre.
Over time of course we’d expect Three’s presence in all of these towns and cities to improve, and we also expect all the other major networks (including EE, Vodafone and O2) to launch 5G services in them, so if you don’t have 5G in your exact area or you’re not on Three, you hopefully won’t have to wait too much longer.
5G Coverage Checker
Find out which networks have launched 5G in your area,
or when it is coming to your area.